Be buoyed aloft on chrome cantilevers in these classics of high modern design, a pair in the manner of the famous Brno Chair. Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Lilly Reich collaborated on the original design in 1927 for Mies’ full-concept design Villa Tugendhat in Brno, Czech Republic, from which location the chair style takes its name. Lateral arcs of steel like reverse C-shapes form arms, legs and structural support in a single polished piece, an object lesson in modernist reductionism and form-function efficiency. Brno’s in the Tugendhat House were made of tubular steel, all except one example in the bedroom, which, like these, featured flat-bar steel construction. The flat-bar remained a one-off until 1958, when architect and Mies-devotee Philip Johnson set in motion its mass production. Upholstered in soft black leather (or almost-leather), these slick classics offer a seat as smooth as their design. Vintage, sold as a pair.